Yep, I’m a day late. I’m sure I’m not the only one though. I thought I’d start off this year by making my 2013 goals VERY public. Now, the whole world will be keeping me accountable! Yikes!
Goals as a runner:
1) Run at least 14 miles a week (2 miles a day) for the year. I did 1 mile a day in 2012 so I thought I’d up the ante a little bit. Since having Erin and now that she doesn’t want to be in the stroller much anymore, it’s SO HARD to get out! The BOB has served me well!
1) Have a business plan in place by June. I have an idea that might (or might not) be a good one and I’ve just been really chicken about making it a reality. Because, honestly, no one wants to fail!
Mommy & Housewife:
1) Organize one thing in the house each week for a year. I found this idea on I’m an Organizing Junkie. I am an clean and neat person already, but with a husband and toddler, I’ve found it really hard to stay organized in our small apartment!
2) Clean at least one thing in our home each day. I have a schedule for cleaning the house. Mondays are bathrooms, Tuesdays: Dust and Vacuum, Wednesdays: Kitchen, etc. Yet, I get into a lazy spell and then find it harder to get out of it and start cleaning again. However, I have found that if I take the toilet boil cleaner and use it, I end up with a clean bathroom instead of just the toilet, so this is my goal: if I start with one item, the whole room will be cleaned. (and no, I do not use the toilet bowl cleaner to clean other things in the bathroom)
3) Finish cross stitching all of our darn stockings! My mom did this for us when we were kids and after Rachel died, I wanted to do it too. I picked out patterns and started them. I got one for Ping, Rachel (to place letters to her in) and me. It’s been almost 3 years and I STILL haven’t finished them! I just ordered Erin’s and she’s almost 2! My plan is to do at least 30 minutes of cross stitching a day and hopefully have them done by the end of March so when I go back to Seattle to visit my parents, my mom can help me sew the backing onto them. I can’t sew. 😦
So there you have it. My goals for the next 365 days. It’s out there, no longer a secret. Oh boy, what did I just do?